New York Hall of Science
July 30 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until September 30, 2022
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until September 2, 2022
Suggested Ages: All
Founded at the 1964–65 World’s Fair, this center for interactive science has reopened after fixing up extensive damage from Hurricane Ida. Find lots of fun hands-on learning opportunities in a gorgeous, spacious building
* Explore outer space, animals, light, physics and more in over 450 interactive displays.
* In new exhibit The Happiness Experiment, learn about the culture and science behind how and why we experience happiness. Dance and create in the The Happiness Habits Lab.
* Gestures, movements, and decisions impact how well fantastical animated ecosystems are kept in balance in immersive digital wonderland Connected Worlds.
* Check the schedule for Daily Demos where NYSCI Explainers showcase science and engineering based activities and demonstrations engaging with the properties of chemistry, physics, design thinking, and more in interactive presentations.
* Use real tools to make real things and re-use everyday materials in exciting ways in the Maker Space, featuring woodworking and plaster casting to electronics and 3D printing (Friday–Sunday 11 am – 4 pm).
* Journey to a land of grizzlies, coastal wolves, sea otters and the all-white spirit bear in screenings of 3D film Great Bear Rainforest ($5, daily every 30 Minutes from 10:30am to 4 pm).
* In warmer months, explore key science concepts such as propulsion, gravity, escape velocity, launch window, gravitational assist, and more in Rocket Park Mini Golf.
🍽 Choose from a wide range of food and beverage options including coffee and hot and cold menu options, plus a wide range of sweet, savory and healthy snacks at Butter Beans Cafe. Order from your phone to pick up anytime. Yummy nearby options include Sripraphai Thai restaurant and the New World Mall food court.
🛍 The sizable gift shop also offers a wide selection of fun, STEM-oriented items.
🌳 See our guide to surrounding Flushing Corona Meadow Park.
Wednesday-Friday 2pm – 5pm
Saturday-Sunday 10am – 5pm
Free Friday Afternoons tickets are available for online reservation each Friday morning.
Get your fortune told, voodoo style, then see a screening of Disney’s 2009 animated musical The Princess and the Frog
Each ticket comes with after-hours admission to the Garden, and a $5 food voucher to redeem onsite at the pop-up QBG Harvest Cafe, featuring seasonal light foods and refreshments.
Bring your own blanket and/or lawn…More info
Sample cuisine from around the world at a large, family-friendly open-air night market in Queens. Shop around 100 independent vendors selling merchandise, art, and food. Also enjoy live music and cultural performances celebrating the rich cultural diversity and heritage of NYC and Queens. Dine in a large picnic area.
Play New York Hall of…More info
Dino lovers can climb and play on an dino-inspired equipment at two playgrounds on opposite sides of Meadow Lake created to commemorate the Sinclair Oil “Dinoland” exhibit at the 1964-65 World’s Fair. In addition to swings and jungle gymes, find dinosaur footprints and art throughout the playground. Learn about flora and fauna from the Triassic…More info