12:45 pm–1:30 pm
Lincoln Center (65th Street & Broadway)
Join the artists of New York City Ballet in a 45-minute pre-performance exploration of the music, movement, and themes of a ballet featured in the matinee performance. NYCB Teaching Artists guide children in a ballet warm-up and movement combination, concluding in a lively performance for accompanying family and friends. No prior dance training needed. All Children’s Workshops take place before family-friendly matinee performances. Performance tickets must be purchased separately but are not required to attend these workshops.
Eats & Treats: Pick up some decadent pastries or almost as delicious salads at Epicerie Boulud across Broadway at 64th Street and feast in the shady grove by the library, on the roof-top lawn, or sitting around the famous fountain. In the summer, enjoy creamy gelato at the L’Arte Del Gelato stand.
- 70% Off Big Apple Circus Tickets Monday, November 26–Thursday, December 20 All Day
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker Tuesday, December 18 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Wednesday, December 19 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker Wednesday, December 19 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Thursday, December 20 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker Thursday, December 20 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Friday, December 21 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker Friday, December 21 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Saturday, December 22 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- New York City Ballet Children’s Workshops Saturday, December 22 12:45 pm–1:30 pm