New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show – Members Only
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until January 31, 2021
One event on February 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
* Marvel at model trains zipping around stunning New York landmark replicas made of plant parts such as nuts, bark, and leaves (most of it in the climate-controlled indoors).
* With capacity very limited for social distancing, this captivating display is only open to Members and Bronx Community Partners. Annual memberships start at $90 for individuals, $145 for families (tax-deductible), and include perks and admission all year long to the always changing garden and exhibits (including a highly anticipated Kusama membership this summer).
* Take breaks in the tropical rainforest and desert wings of the conservatory where there are no trains but lots of room to roam freely.
* Range of food available at the Pine Tree cafe by the main entrance. Head to nearby Arthur Avenue for authentic Italian delights.
* Separate timed tickets needed for the new NYGB Glow outdoor experience ($10-$20 for members).
Explore 28-acre of gardens and woodlands with more than 4,000 varieties of trees, shrubs, vines, and herbaceous plants and dramatic views of the Hudson River.
The delicious Café has grab-and-go items, snacks and beverages amn outdoor seating on a lovely terrace. Or bing your own food to a picnic area by the art gallery.
See tigers, bears, gorillas and over 650 other species of awesome animals at this 265 acres+ zoo.
* Tons of indoor and outdoor attractions – expect lots of walking but strollers welcome and the roads are scenic with pretty trees (and some bold peacocks).
* Learn about gorillas and watch them play in the mostly indoors Congo Gorilla Forest, ride on a ladybug on the Bug Carousel, pet and feed sheep, cows…More info