See over thirty sculptures, paintings, videos, and large-scale installations from Nari Ward’s twenty-five-year career, highlighting his status as one of the most important and influential sculptors working today. Humble materials repurposed in surprising ways evokes a variety of folk traditions and creative acts of recycling from Jamaica, where he was born, as well as the material textures of Harlem, where he has lived and worked for the past twenty-five years.
* So many yummy treats in this happening neighborhood. Try healthy French and Moroccan casual fare (and a famous avocado toast) at Café Gitane (242 Mott St) or innovative ice cream flavors at Morgenstern’s Finest Ice Cream (2 Rivington).
More info on Nari Ward: We The People
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- Nari Ward: We The People Thursday, September 13–Sunday, May 26 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Mariana Castillo Deball: Finding Oneself Outside Tuesday, January 22–Sunday, April 14 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Jeffrey Gibson: The Anthropophagic Effect Wednesday, February 13–Sunday, June 9 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, April 6 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, May 4 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- First Saturdays For Families Saturday, June 1 10:00 am–12:00 pm