Museum of the Moving Image (36-01 35 Avenue (at 37 Street) )
$15, $9/students & seniors, $7/ages 3-12, free/2 and under
Jessie Auritt’s documentary follows pre-teen weightlifting champion Naomi Kutin, a.k.a. Supergirl, and her record breaking ability to lift three times her body weight in weightlifting competitions against adults. Outside of competition, Naomi is a pre-teen living in an Orthodox Jewish family in New Jersey that encourages her impressive talent and strength. Naomi faces not only tests of her physical strength, but cyber-bulling, health issues, and demands of family, school, and friends. Also check out the fun exhibition Jim Henson’s World.
Also on Sunday.
Also at this location:
- Jim Henson’s World Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Science and Film Shorts for Kids Saturday, June 23 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Science and Film Shorts for Kids Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Bear in the Blue House: Noel’s Favorites Saturday, June 30 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- How to Be a Puppeteer Family Workshop Saturday, June 30 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Bear in the Blue House: Noel’s Favorites Sunday, July 1 11:00 am–12:00 pm