Mohonk Mountain House
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore an iconic Victorian castle resort surrounded by 40,000 acres of pristine forest.
* Tons of family-friendly seasonal activities to try including hiking, archery, concerts and more.
* Go out on the gorgeous lake in paddle boats, row boats and canoes. Relax on the sandy beach take a refreshing dip in the glacial water.
* Dine on delicious farm-to-table cuisine in the historic dining room with gorgeous Catskill Mountain views or in the privacy of your room.
* Most activities and three-course meals included with hotel rooms. Or come for the day with a $125/person day pass, which includes access to extensive groomed trails plus all equipment and most activities, or just hike $25-$30/person.
* Learn about the fascinating history of this landmark, owned by the Smiley family since 1869, with extensive photographs, artwork and memorabilia throughout the hotel. Join guided family hikes among the picturesque wooden gazebos benches and summer houses for more stories.
* Approximately 1.5-2 hour drive from Manhattan.
Experience large-scale sculpture and site-specific commissions under open sky at a gorgeous 500-acre outdoor museum in New York’s Hudson Valley (about a 1-hour drive from Manhattan).
* Currently an outdoor-only experience with limited amenities (bathrooms available).
* Prepare for lots of open air walking. Wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate layers. Go early to get the…More info