Mohonk Mountain House
Explore an iconic Victorian castle resort surrounded by 40,000 acres of pristine forest.
* Tons of family-friendly activities to try including ice skating, snow-shoeing, cross-country-skiing, hiking, archery and an indoor pool.
* Dine on delicious farm-to-table cuisine in the historic dining room with gorgeous Catskill Mountain views or in the privacy of your room.
* Most activities and three-course meals included with hotel rooms, or get a $99/person day pass, which includes access to extensive groomed trails plus all equipment rentals. Bring your own equipment for $24-$29/person.
* Learn about the fascinating history of this landmark, owned by the Smiley family since 1869, with extensive photographs, artwork and memorabilia throughout the hotel. Join guided family hikes among the picturesque wooden gazebos benches and summer houses for more stories.
* Approximately 1.5-2 hour drive from Manhattan.
See site-specific art from the 1960s to the present as well as special exhibitions and new commissions in a former Nabisco box-printing factory on the banks of the Hudson River.
* Each gallery of the 300,000-square-foot. sunlit space was designed specifically for the installation of one artist’s work, making for striking, unique installations. like Dan…More info