11:00 am–4:00 pm
American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
suggested $22/ages 12-65, $12.50/ages 2-12, $17/students & seniors free/ages 2 & under
Explore the layers of the oceans at this family-friendly festival, interact with scientists, discover amazing critters, and celebrate science under the iconic blue whale. Learn how world’s oceans are divided into five “zones,” where a diverse array of marine species and ecosystems can be found at different depths.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, August 18 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- American Museum of Natural History Discovery Room Tuesday, January 1–Saturday, November 30 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, February 22 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 1 10:00 am–11:45 am
- The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Saturday, March 2 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 8 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 15 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 22 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, March 29 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, April 5 10:00 am–11:45 am