Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Pay-what-you-wish, suggested $25, free/ages 12 & under
A vivid eighteenth-century Neapolitan Nativity scene adorns a candlelit spruce. Gorgeous 18th Century Baroque creche angels hover over an Italian village filled with animals and interesting characters. Everyday at 4:30 pm, recorded music accompanies a dramatic lighting ceremony.
Nearby Eat & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
Also at this location:
- Public Parks, Private Gardens: Paris to Provence Sunday, April 1–Sunday, July 29 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- The Met Roof Garden: Huma Bhabha’s We Come In Peace Tuesday, April 17–Sunday, October 28 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination Thursday, May 10–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Monday, May 28 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, May 29 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, May 29 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, May 30 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, May 30 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, May 31 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, May 31 3:00 pm–3:30 pm