3:00 pm–3:30 pm
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Look, listen, sing, and have fun with picture books; then continue your adventure with a self-guided gallery hunt in the Museum. Geared toward families with children ages 3–6, but all ages welcome. Space is limited; first come, first served.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Armenia! Monday, October 22–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Tree & Menorah Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, December 13 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, December 13 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Friday, December 14 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Battle! Hip-Hop in Armor Friday, December 14 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt at The Met Saturday, December 15 10:30 am–12:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Saturday, December 15 2:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Christmas on Sugarloaf Mountain: An Irish-Appalachian Celebration Sunday, December 16 2:00 pm–4:00 pm