Monday-Friday 10:30 am
Metropolitan Museum Of Art (1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street)
Free, museum admission not required.
Families with children ages 18 months–3 years can look, listen, and have fun with gorgeous picture books in the lovely Nolen Library. Fills up in bad weather so come early.
Eats & Treats: Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
- Armenia! Monday, October 22–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Tree & Menorah Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Monday, December 10 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Tuesday, December 11 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Tuesday, December 11 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Wednesday, December 12 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Wednesday, December 12 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Toddler Metropolitan Museum of Art Storytime Thursday, December 13 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, December 13 3:30 pm–4:30 pm