Lincoln Center (65th Street & Broadway)
See and add to a a 40-foot-long scroll of NYC’s five boroughs inspired by China’s most renowned painting and created by city schoolkids. Also see live performances and an interactive mass dance with audience participation by the National Dance Institute and China’s Dancing into the Future program, a gallery exhibit of 150 award-winning children’s artworks from a national contest in China conducted by CAFA, live performances by members of the New York Philharmonic and its Very Young Composers program, a message from Lang Lang and a live performance by Lang Lang International Music Foundation’s Young Scholar Program, as well as a sugar painting demo, interactive arts and crafts, and so more. Free tickets to the New York Philharmonic Lunar New Year Concert on Feb. 20 will be given to 100 lucky draw visitors.
Eats & Treats: Pick up some decadent pastries or almost as delicious salads at Epicerie Boulud across Broadway at 64th Street and feast in the shady grove by the library, on the roof-top lawn, or sitting around the famous fountain. In the summer, enjoy creamy gelato at the L’Arte Del Gelato stand.
- George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker Tickets on Sale Sunday, September 23–Wednesday, October 31 All Day
- Big Apple Circus Saturday, October 20 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Sunday, October 21 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Wednesday, October 24 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Thursday, October 25 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Friday, October 26 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Saturday, October 27 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Sunday, October 28 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Wednesday, October 31 12:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Big Apple Circus Thursday, November 1 12:00 pm–2:00 pm