May art bring you good fortune! Mark the Year of the Pig, one of the twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac, with performances, live music, bilingual storytimes, Sesame Street Muppeteers, Wu-Wo Tea Ceremony & Bubble Tea Gatherings, Hand-Pulled Noodle Demonstration, textured mud painting, Korean Paper Doll Making, traditional dancing, interactive gallery activities, and artist-led workshops for all ages.
* Inside the museum, the American Wing Cafe has soups, salads, sandwiches and a gorgeous view of Central Park. 'the cafeteria' in the basement is less scenic but has more selection - pasta, sushi, hot entrees, a frozen yogurt sundae bar and kids' meals that come in cardboard taxis. The Roof Garden has some snacks (and you can bring your own and nosh with a view). Or head to Shake Shack (86th between Lexington & Third) or the chill Pizza Beach (81st & Third). Pick up one of the city's best black-and-white cookies at William Greenberg (1100 Madison between 82nd & 83rd).
More info on Lunar New Year Festival: Year of the Pig
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- Relative Values: The Cost of Art in the Northern Renaissance Thursday, October 25–Sunday, June 23 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Celebrating the Year of the Pig Tuesday, February 5–Sunday, July 28 9:30 am–5:30 pm
- Play It Loud: Instruments of Rock and Roll Monday, April 8–Tuesday, October 1 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The Met Roof Garden: Alicja Kwade’s ParaPivot Tuesday, April 23–Sunday, October 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Watson Adventures: Whodunit at The Met Family Scavenger Hunt Thursday, April 25–Saturday, June 1 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Thursday, April 25 3:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Thursday, April 25 3:30 pm–4:30 pm
- Start with Art at the Met/Art Trek Saturday, April 27 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Discoveries—Treasure and Trade Sunday, April 28 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- Metropolitan Museum Of Art Storytime Sunday, April 28 2:00 pm–2:30 pm