Luminaries & Oculus Decor
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Dance up on down giant stairs underneath a canopy of 650 ever changing rainbow hanging lanterns in the Winter Garden of a high end mall.
* Watch cool light shows to holiday music at the top of every hour.
* Two touchless wishing stations allow visitors to send a motion-activated wish that will illuminate the canopy of lanterns above, triggering a $1 donation to ROAR (Relief Opportunities for All Restaurants).
* See video vignettes online of New York Theatre Ballet’s dancing excerpts from the annual (but not this year) free Nutcracker through the Winter Gardens.
* Find Santa, a penguin, a snowman and more holiday characters in a similar augmented reality game at Westfield in the Oculus (connected via an underground walkway), which also has lovely holiday light projections on the ground and distinctive ribbed ceiling. Shop for Pantone, assorted chocolates and other Italian delights at Eataly Downtown.
* Skate at a small outdoor rink.
* Feast on lost of food options including Hudson Eats and French market Le District. Note that not all options are open on weekends.