Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
$25, $18/seniors, $14/students, free/ages 16 & under
Arachnophobes beware the giant spider sculptures in this strangely beautiful exhibit exploring the prints, books, and creative process of celebrated sculptor Louise Bourgeois.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Monday, December 31 12:00 am
- Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Toward a Concrete Utopia: Architecture in Yugoslavia, 1948–1980 Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Constantin Brancusi Sculpture Wednesday, August 1–Monday, February 18 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Judson Dance Theater: The Work Is Never Done Monday, October 1–Sunday, February 3 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, November 16 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, November 17 10:15 am–11:15 am