11:00 am–4:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Meet the James Madison ‘Father of the Constitution’ portrayed by Living Historian Kyle Jenks. Hear stories about his contributions to the Federalist Papers, a writing campaign to ratify the US Constitution that began 230 years ago this month. Learn how our system of government was debated in 1787, discover why the Constitutional Convention was held in secret, and take a close look at Mr. Madison’s unique 18th-century fashion. Part of a weekly series.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Sunday, December 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Friday, December 14 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, December 14 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, December 14 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History: African American Schools in Reconstruction Saturday, December 15 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Polka Dot Parade Syorytime & African American Schools in Reconstruction Sunday, December 16 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, December 16 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, December 18 3:30 pm–4:15 pm