New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Meet the James Madison ‘Father of the Constitution’ portrayed by Living Historian Kyle Jenks. Hear stories about his contributions to the Federalist Papers, a writing campaign to ratify the US Constitution that began 230 years ago this month. Learn how our system of government was debated in 1787, discover why the Constitutional Convention was held in secret, and take a close look at Mr. Madison’s unique 18th-century fashion. Part of a weekly series.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Thursday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, September 28 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 28 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History: Historic Shoes Touch Table Saturday, September 29 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History: Historic Shoes Touch Table Sunday, September 30 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, September 30 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, October 2 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, October 5 3:30 pm–4:15 pm