New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Meet our nation’s first Secretary of the Treasury (and current Broadway sensation), portrayed by a living historian, and learn how he made his famous charge to capture Redoubt Ten in the Battle of Yorktown on October 14, 1781. Lt. Col. Hamilton shares how he helped win the climactic campaign of the Revolutionary War. Learn a military drill from the War for Independence under the instruction of Hamilton himself.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Thursday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, September 25 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, September 28 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 28 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History Saturday, September 29 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History Sunday, September 30 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, September 30 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, October 2 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm