New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Sprint through the history of magic in New York with a sampling of illusions performed by Tanya Solomon, a magician and teacher of circus arts. Try to keep track of multiplying balls in an early act performed by magicians like ‘Queen of Magic’ Adelaide Hermann at the turn-of-the-century, count how many coins Tanya pulls from the air (or from behind your ear) in a classic vaudeville trick, hear tales of other magicians leading into the modern era and learn some magic. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Also on Sunday.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 22 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Saturday, June 23 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, June 24 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, June 26 3:30 pm–4:15 pm