11:00 am–4:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Be amazed by Adam RealMan, sideshow and variety performer, and his special tribute to Houdini’s escape acts. Practice how escape artists warm-up, take a look behind the curtain to see how magicians free themselves from restraints, and watch Adam escapes a straitjacket, rope, and handcuffs. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement and the design-your-own Tiffany lamp on the fourth floor.
Also on Sunday.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- February School Vacation Week: Black History Month Friday, February 22 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, February 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Living History: Investigative Reporting and Jim Crow Saturday, February 23 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Living History: The First Black Elected Officials Saturday, February 23 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, February 24 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Investigative Reporting and Jim Crow Sunday, February 24 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Living History: The First Black Elected Officials Sunday, February 24 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, February 26 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, March 1 3:30 pm–4:15 pm