New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Celebrate Dolley Madison’s 250th birthday with the ‘Presidentress’ herself, portrayed by Living Historian Judith Kalaora. Learn what actions she took to improve the function of the White House, discover how she protected important objects when Washington, D.C., was attacked during the War of 1812, and learn how to make a fan for your next 18th-century party. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Thursday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, September 28 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 28 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History: Historic Shoes Touch Table Saturday, September 29 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History: Historic Shoes Touch Table Sunday, September 30 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, September 30 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, October 2 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, October 5 3:30 pm–4:15 pm