New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Celebrate Dolley Madison’s 250th birthday with the ‘Presidentress’ herself, portrayed by Living Historian Judith Kalaora. Learn what actions she took to improve the function of the White House, discover how she protected important objects when Washington, D.C., was attacked during the War of 1812, and learn how to make a fan for your next 18th-century party. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Monday, September 10–Wednesday, October 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, October 19 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, October 19 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History: African American Schools in Reconstruction Saturday, October 20 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Sunday, October 21 10:15 am–11:00 am
- Living History: African American Schools in Reconstruction Sunday, October 21 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, October 21 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, October 23 3:30 pm–4:15 pm