New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Continental soldiers portrayed by Living Historians from the 3rd New Jersey Regiment, an American Revolution reenacting troop, answer questions about life on and off the battlefield. Take a close look at their 18th-century uniforms, line up to learn a military drill, and discover how their tools and equipment made fighting and marching possible. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement and the make-your-own Tiffany Lamp on the fourth floor.
Also on Sunday.
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Fortune-Tellers Sunday, July 22 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, July 24 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, July 27 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, July 27 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, July 27 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History Saturday, July 28 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History Sunday, July 29 11:00 am–4:00 pm