11:00 am–4:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
Look at the heads and toes of historic clothing at special ‘touch table’ with Edward Maeder, consulting curator on exhibition Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes and a trained Living Historian. Explore samples of original historic shoes and feathered hats provided by Augusta Auctions and make your own faux feather to take home. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Thursday, January 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, January 25 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Living History: Meet Harriet Tubman Saturday, January 26 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, January 27 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Meet Harriet Tubman Sunday, January 27 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, February 1 3:30 pm–4:15 pm