11:00 am–4:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
History comes to life every weekend a the New-York Historical Society. Meet soldiers, musicians, leaders, or craftspeople from the past—all portrayed by Living Historians from the present. Jump into a historic military training drill, ask a founder how they kick-started the nation, or check out a traditional instrument or skill. Make sure to check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Thursday, January 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, January 25 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Living History: Meet Harriet Tubman Saturday, January 26 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, January 27 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Meet Harriet Tubman Sunday, January 27 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, February 1 3:30 pm–4:15 pm