New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
In celebration of Women’s History Month, acclaimed historical musician Linda Russell explores the women of the past as reflected in the popular songs and stories of the day. Discover historical love songs, laments, ballads, work songs, parlor ditties, and suffrage anthems, and listen to excerpts from women’s diaries and letters. Try out some of her instruments, including the mountain and hammered dulcimers, pennywhistle, guitar, and limberjack. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis ar Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery. Get burgers and shakes at Shake Shack down the block (Columbus @ 77th Street).
Also at this location:
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Treasures from the David Copperfield Collection Thursday, June 15–Sunday, September 16 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Feathers: Fashion and the Fight for Wildlife Friday, April 6–Friday, July 13 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rockwell, Roosevelt & the Four Freedoms Friday, May 25–Sunday, September 2 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Meet an Escape Artist! Sunday, June 24 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, June 26 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, June 29 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, June 29 6:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summer of Magic: Visit with Vaudeville Magician Saturday, June 30 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Summer of Magic: Visit with Vaudeville Magician Sunday, July 1 11:00 am–4:00 pm