New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
In celebration of Women’s History Month, acclaimed historical musician Linda Russell explores the women of the past as reflected in the popular songs and stories of the day. Discover historical love songs, laments, ballads, work songs, parlor ditties, and suffrage anthems, and listen to excerpts from women’s diaries and letters. Try out some of her instruments, including the mountain and hammered dulcimers, pennywhistle, guitar, and limberjack. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Walk This Way: Footwear from the Stuart Weitzman Collection of Historic Shoes Thursday, April 20–Monday, October 8 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Thursday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Living History: Meet Harriet Tubman Saturday, September 22 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History: Meet Harriet Tubman Sunday, September 23 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, September 23 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, September 25 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, September 28 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, September 28 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History Saturday, September 29 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Living History Sunday, September 30 11:00 am–4:00 pm