11:00 am–4:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
In celebration of Women’s History Month, acclaimed historical musician Linda Russell explores the women of the past as reflected in the popular songs and stories of the day. Discover historical love songs, laments, ballads, work songs, parlor ditties, and suffrage anthems, and listen to excerpts from women’s diaries and letters. Try out some of her instruments, including the mountain and hammered dulcimers, pennywhistle, guitar, and limberjack. Also check out the awesome, interactive Children’s Museum in the basement.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Sunday, December 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Friday, December 14 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, December 14 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, December 14 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History: African American Schools in Reconstruction Saturday, December 15 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Polka Dot Parade Syorytime & African American Schools in Reconstruction Sunday, December 16 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, December 16 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, December 18 3:30 pm–4:15 pm