New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
This bi-weekly program in the library of the engaging children’s center includes the reading of a NY-themed book, a related craft project, playtime with historic toys and a special Little New-Yorkers hello song. The fabulous teacher comes up with some really creative, engaging projects – we’ve made iphone ‘books’ and construction paper teapots – and it’s never been crowded.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Monday, September 10–Wednesday, October 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, October 16 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, October 19 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- New-York Historical Society Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, October 19 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Living History: African American Schools in Reconstruction Saturday, October 20 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Sunday, October 21 10:15 am–11:00 am
- Living History: African American Schools in Reconstruction Sunday, October 21 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, October 21 11:30 am–12:30 pm