Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Explore a new immersive experience with nature and art on a floating green space on the Hudson River.
* Enjoy diverse horticulture, welcoming seating lawns, winding paths leading to spectacular views, and a variety of spaces for performing arts, relaxation and play.
* Make music on a variety of percussion installations and two lovely Sing For Hope Pianos.
* Play with a spinning optical illusion.
* Fresh, locally-sourced food available throughout the day, from local baked goods with coffee in the morning, salads or sandwiches throughout the day, and evening signature drinks and snacks for sharing. Gluten-free & vegan options availble; see menu. (7 am- 11pm, not available 10:30-11:30 am & 4 pm-5 pm.
* Restrooms are on the southern edge by The Glade.
* Programming for all ages starts mid-June.
* Bikes and scooters are not allowed.
* The park is open from 6 am to 1 am, online timed entry reservations will be required for entry after 12 pm.
* Lots of art & food to explore in nearby Chelsea/Meatpacking.
Nine artists approach music through different lenses—historical, political, performative, and playful—in new installations and soundscapes installed throughout the High Line.
Sit next to human shaped sculptures made with colorful musical instruments, explore what stories discarded objects tell when played and hear what happens when a railway spike becomes a bell. Daily at dusk, see…More info
Learn to cook sweet and savory treats at in-kitchen camps and online camps. Gain kitchen confidence and learn essential cooking skills. All recipes are vegetarian and can be adapted for allergies. Themes change weekly, from ‘Around The World’ to ‘The Great American Bake-off.’
Space is limited.More info
Visit new greenspace Little Island for weekly artmaking activities for all ages with teaching artists and guest organizations like the Children’s Museum of the Arts, The New Victory Theater, The Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art and The Museum of the Chinese in America.
At 11 am & 3; Thursday afternoons feature a…More info
Celebrate the creativity of NYC’s artists and the resilient spirit of all its people with four weeks of free live performances occurring throughout scenic Little Island. Enjoy shows of innovative dance, experimental music, interactive poetry, comedy, jazz performances, and more wvents that blur the boundaries of genre animate the unique landscape and performance spaces…More info