Liberty Science Center
Suggested Ages: All
Lots to explore throughout this large, interactive museum.
* Step inside a giant microscope lens, create your own engineering challenge using foam blocks and wooden shapes, get creative with a giant wall installation made of 952 pixel dials and try more hands-on science.
* Explore the world of Minecraft, in an incredible immersive experience ($8 extra admission).
* Explore multiple routes in the massive suspended Infinity Climber (surrounded by 19 miles of hand-threaded wire that forms a protective mesh to prevent climbers from falling).
* Experience the excitement of (controlled) liquid nitrogen explosions in Boom Time shows throughout the day.
* Meet over 100+ fascinating animal species including cotton-top tamarin monkeys, naked mole rats and red-footed tortoises in Wild About Animals exhibition.
🍽 Find family favorites including hot and cold sandwiches, house-made pizza, chicken with amazing “awesome sauces” on the side, salads, and snacks at The Cosmic Café food hall. Order online to avoid waiting. Or stop by the Galaxy Grab and Go, a speedy self-service area.
🎟 Reserve online in advance to save; time slots sometimes sell out.
Tuesday-Sunday 10 am–5 pm
🚙 Approx. 20-50 minute drive (traffic varies) from mid-Manhattan. $7 parking onsite.
⛴ Take a ferry from World Trade Center to Liberty State Park then walk/taxi 20 minutes.
🚂 50 minute train ride (with transfer). See train schedules (select 33rd Street PATH Station to Liberty State Park Light Rail Station).
Celebrate the art and delightful characters of beloved children’s book author and illustrator Mo Willems in interactive exhibits featuring best-friend duo Elephant and Piggie, faithful companion Knuffle Bunny, and The Pigeon, the wily city bird best known for his antics in Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
Make art inspired by Mo…More info
Take a tractor to gorgeous fields of sunflowers with 10 hidden photo ops and pick your own sunflowers and zinnias ($2.50/stem, cash only). Eight varieties of blueberries & raspberries available for a limited time ($6/pound, clamshells provided).
Be prepared for heat, dirt and bees.
Enjoy fresh squeezed lemonade and shaved ices and food from…More info
Paddle a swan-shaped boat on the Orange Reservoir. Boats seat 2 or 4. For ages 2+. Tickets sold on a first come, first served basis. No advanced sales. Weekends only
Also play on the Children’s Regatta Playground with a wave-like rubberized safety surface and a series of play equipment designed to look like boats. A…More info
See over 200 species representing animals from around the world including tigers, lions, exotic birds and many more. Indoor areas like Reptile House, Touch Tank, Sea Turtle Recovery, and Penguins are open with one-way traffic patterns and limited capacities.
* Also ride an endangered species carousel, play Safari-themed mini golf ($10-$12), climb the Prehistoric Playground…More info