Saturday, July 1–Tuesday, December 31
10:00 am–6:00 pm
Children's Museum of Manhattan (CMOM)
212 West 83rd Street between Broadway & Amsterdam
Upper West Side
$11, $7/seniors, free/ages 11 months old & younger
Bounce, glide or leap in an exciting exhibition/dance space designed to introduce children and families to the delights of dance as an art form, as an expression of diverse cultures and traditions, and as a healthy physical activity. Interact with an immersive video projection dome dance portal to learn with professional, community, and student dance companies from New York and abroad. Create multi-color shadow dances on the “stage” while exploring lighting design with a child-friendly lighting box. Choreograph a series of dance patterns while learning the language of dance and using movable signs, props and costumes. Experiment with authentic percussion instruments. Lots of related workshops and performances, including daily dance and movement programs at 10:30 am, 11:30 am & 2 pm.
* Choose from salads, sandwiches, amazing healthy artisanal bread and not-so-healthy pastries at the new UWS outpost of the 100-year-old Orwasher's Bakery at Amsterdam & 81st Street. The extensive cheesecake-heavy dessert menu and charming decor lure locals to cash-only tourist trap Cafe Lalo across the street.
More info on Let’s Dance!
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- Let’s Dance! Saturday, July 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Art, Artists & You Saturday, June 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Children’s Museum of Manhattan (CMOM) Tuesday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Earth Day Every Day: Drag Queen Story Hour Thursday, April 25 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Earth Day Every Day: Jewelry Design Friday, April 26 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Earth Day Every Day: Bash The Trash Saturday, April 27 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- Earth Day Every Day: Nature Nick’s Animal Adventures Sunday, April 28 10:00 am–5:00 pm