Lasdon Park The Magic of Spring
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Bright colors and mystical creatures fill the Glass House Conservatory at Lasdon Park in a new enchanted garden show.
* See over 200 plant species including Cherry, Lime, Lemon and Grapefruit Trees, Norfolk Island Pines, ferns, pothos, philodendrons, daffodils, tulips, hyacinths, pansies and ranunculus.
* Discover hand-made fairy houses made of recycled materials and sensory engaging displays and fairies who teach children what it means to be environmental stewards and why it’s important to take care of nature. Receive a map to find fairy houses hidden throughout the park.
* Tickets sold on-line only with scheduled viewing times. Masks and social distancing required.
* Upload a completed fairy coloring sheet or unique pieces of art to be displayed in the Lasdon Fairy Gallery for all to see.
* Also explore the 234-acre public park has extensive formal gardens, an arboretum with a number of tree collections and a number of walking trails including a stunning veteran’s memorial trail. Highlights include a Chinese Friendship Garden and the dinosaur garden with life-size statues. Use your smart phone to follow Lexi the T-Rexi through your experience.
* Find artifacts and displays in a small Veterans Museum with a gorgeous granite courtyard and a majestic bronze “Tribute Eagle.”
Westchester Children’s Museum educators along with guest educators from Steffi Nossen School of Dance, Origami4Cause and local artist Dara Kane lead weekly fun, STEAM-based family workshop. Each week features a new topic (and suggested age range) for children and their caregivers. Individual supply kits provided.
Spots sell out quickly. Private group workshops also available.More info