Museum of the Moving Image (36-01 35 Avenue (at 37 Street) )
$15, $9/students & seniors, $7/ages 3-12, free/2 and under
Before Toy Story, there was Jim Henson’s The Christmas Toy. In this ABC holiday special, a group of toys comes to life whenever their owner, Jamie, leaves the room. Last year’s favorite gift, Rugby Tiger (Dave Goelz), is nervous about the arrival of a new toy and plans to sneak under the Christmas tree so he can once again be a new gift. In The Bells of Fraggle Rock, Cantus arrives for the Festival of the Bells and Gobo sets out on an adventure—to find out if the mythical Great Bell of Fraggle Rock is really real. Hang out with more muppets and try some puppeteering in the exhibition Jim Henson’s World.
Also on Sunday.
Eats & Treats: Indulge in Venezuelan fried yumminess at the Arepas Cafe a few blocks way and snag a Fraggle Rock Mast Brothers chocolate bar in the gift shop.
Also at this location:
- Jim Henson’s World Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Wreck-It Ralph Sunday, July 22 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Greatest Showman Wednesday, July 25 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Greatest Showman Thursday, July 26 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Greatest Showman Friday, July 27 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Greatest Showman Saturday, July 28 11:00 am–12:30 pm
- The Greatest Showman Sunday, July 29 11:00 am–12:30 pm