Children's Museum of Manhattan (CMOM) (212 West 83rd Street between Broadway & Amsterdam)
$11, $7/seniors, free/ages 11 months old & younger
CMOM hosts its own Sapporo Snow Festival (Sapporo Yuki Matsuri), one of Japan’s most popular winter festivals. Take part in ice and snow inspired programs, and experience performances and workshops by dancers, musicians, chefs and artists who will share the art forms and traditions of Japan. Activities include ice experiments and ice cream making, Kamishibai Storytelling, snow call sculptures, Taiko, Rice Snowmen with Chef Misako Sassa, Origami, Sachiyo Ito Dance and Ice Sculptures with Okamoto Studio.
Daily through Feb 25.
Eats & Treats: Choose from salads, sandwiches, amazing healthy artisanal bread and not-so-healthy pastries at the new UWS outpost of the 100-year-old Orwasher's Bakery at Amsterdam & 81st Street. The extensive cheesecake-heavy dessert menu and charming decor lure locals to cash-only tourist trap Cafe Lalo across the street.
- Let’s Dance! Saturday, July 1–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Dynamic H2O Saturday, May 26–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Art, Artists & You Saturday, June 2–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, October 5 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, November 2 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Free Children’s Museum of Manhattan Friday, December 7 5:00 pm–8:00 pm