10:30 am–5:30 pm
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
See what frozen things do in a summer in this Peter Fischli’s Artist’s Choice in MoMA’s Sculpture Garden which features an actual snowman (encased in a glass-door freezer), a white dome that subtly moves, giant geometric forms perfect for hide-and-seek and other cool stuff posing the questions “If everything is sculpture why make sculpture?” Yummy housemade ice cream available by the Parisian Metro Station entrance. Create and cool off in the engaging MoMA Art Lab: Nature nearby.
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, February 23 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, February 24 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 2 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, March 3 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 9 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Films: Shhh! Silent Films Saturday, March 9 12:00 pm–1:00 pm