See what frozen things do in a summer in this Peter Fischli’s Artist’s Choice in MoMA’s Sculpture Garden which features an actual snowman (encased in a glass-door freezer), a white dome that subtly moves, giant geometric forms perfect for hide-and-seek and other cool stuff posing the questions “If everything is sculpture why make sculpture?” Yummy housemade ice cream available by the Parisian Metro Station entrance. Create and cool off in the engaging MoMA Art Lab: Nature nearby.
* Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
More info on If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture?
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Joan Miró Birth of the World Tuesday, February 26–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Lincoln Kirstein’s Modern Thursday, March 14–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, April 27 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Family Art Workshops: Mixed Materials Saturday, April 27 10:30 am–12:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, April 28 10:15 am–11:15 am
- Family Art Workshops: Mixed Materials Sunday, April 28 10:30 am–12:30 pm