Hudson River Museum
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Learn about the connections between arts, sciences, and history on a family-friendly museum situated on the banks of the Hudson River.
* Choose from three shows in the immersive Planetarium on weekends at 12:30 pm, 2 pm & 3:30 pm. Learn about the moon, Big Bird and Elmo and their friends in China, get a live tour of the sky as seen Westchester, and experience the twisted tale of our planet’s origins.
* Experience what life was like in 1877 on a 45-minute tour of the six fully restored period rooms of Glenview Historic Home (used as a set in HBO series The Gilded Age), including a large luxurious dollhouse. See new paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts on view, and a dynamic floral-themed table setting designed by Debra Blair Design. (Thursdays & Fridays, 1pm; Saturdays & Sundays, 1 & 3pm)
* Join weekend family art projects as well as other special events for all ages.
* Relax in the outdoor courtyard (bring your own mat or blanket if you’d like to lounge) and play on a large lawn overlooking the Hudson River.
* Families with children up to age 5 can visit Early Explorers to rest, refresh, and recharge with a selection of books and other activities (Saturday & Sunday 1-4 pm).
* The interactive Hudson Riverama is still closed for now.
🍽 A limited selection of beverages and snacks are available in the Museum Shop. Picnic on the lawn with a view (BYO blanket). Pick up try tasty tacos at The Taco Project or dine on a delicious brunch on a patio overlooking the Hudson River at X20 Xaviers on the Hudson (reserve in advance), both about a 5-minute drive away.
🌳 Explore gorgeous walled gardens and scenic trails at nearby Untermyer Gardens.
🚂 By train, either rake the Metro-North Railroad’s Hudson Line local train to Glenwood Station, a short walk to the museum, or take an express train to Yonkers, a $5 cab ride away from the museum.
🚙 About a 30 min drive from mid-Manhattan. Ample free parking.
This Lego extravaganza located in a nice outdoor mall features two rides, LEGO car racing, LEGO models of NYC landmarks, Star War lands, a NINAJO climbing area, a 4D cinema, karaoke and more.
* Much much smaller than theme parks, but still lots of opportunities building and playing.
* Be prepared to exit through the…More info
Enjoy classic carnival rides, food, and fanfare in a pretty park overlooking the Long Island Sound (with a great playground and small beach). Supports the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department
July 4th fireworks in will begin after sunset around 9:15pm/9:30pm. Starting at 8 pm, St. Thomas Orchestra will play works by Aaron Copland, Leonard…More info