Hudson River Museum
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Learn about the connections between arts, sciences, and history on a family-friendly museum situated on the banks of the Hudson River.
* Choose from three shows in the immersive Planetarium on weekends at 12:30 pm, 2 pm & 3:30 pm. Learn about the moon, Big Bird and Elmo and their friends in China, get a live tour of the sky as seen Westchester, and experience the twisted tale of our planet’s origins.
* Experience what life was like in 1877 on a 45-minute tour of the six fully restored period rooms of Glenview Historic Home (used as a set in HBO series The Gilded Age), including a large luxurious dollhouse. See new paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts on view, and a dynamic floral-themed table setting designed by Debra Blair Design. (Thursdays & Fridays, 1pm; Saturdays & Sundays, 1 & 3pm)
* Join weekend family art projects as well as other special events for all ages.
* Relax in the outdoor courtyard (bring your own mat or blanket if you’d like to lounge) and play on a large lawn overlooking the Hudson River.
* Families with children up to age 5 can visit Early Explorers to rest, refresh, and recharge with a selection of books and other activities (Saturday & Sunday 1-4 pm).
* The interactive Hudson Riverama is still closed for now.
🍽 A limited selection of beverages and snacks are available in the Museum Shop. Picnic on the lawn with a view (BYO blanket). Pick up try tasty tacos at The Taco Project or dine on a delicious brunch on a patio overlooking the Hudson River at X20 Xaviers on the Hudson (reserve in advance), both about a 5-minute drive away.
🌳 Explore gorgeous walled gardens and scenic trails at nearby Untermyer Gardens.
🚂 By train, either rake the Metro-North Railroad’s Hudson Line local train to Glenwood Station, a short walk to the museum, or take an express train to Yonkers, a $5 cab ride away from the museum.
🚙 About a 30 min drive from mid-Manhattan. Ample free parking.
This Lego extravaganza located in a nice outdoor mall features two rides, LEGO car racing, LEGO models of NYC landmarks, Star War lands, a NINAJO climbing area, a 4D cinema, karaoke and more.
* Much much smaller than theme parks, but still lots of opportunities building and playing.
* Be prepared to exit through the…More info
Enjoy nature-inspired art projects among gorgeous gardens and trees overlooking the Hudson River. Themes change weekly.
Takes place indoors, but there is some outdoor walking to get to the project.
The number of families able to participate at any given time will be limited to about nine. If you arrive and capacity is full, program…More info
Join an Independence Day celebration featuring a reading of the Declaration of Independence and tolling, 13 times, of the historic St. Paul’s church bell. Take a tour of the church, active during the Revolutionary War and host to Georg Washington, John Adams and Alexander Hamilton. There will also be refreshments and musicMore info