Museum of the City of New York (1220 Fifth Avenue at 105th Street)
Get 2 tickets for $15
Visit the exhibition King in New York to learn about Martin Luther King Jr.’s encounters with New York City in the 1950s and 60s as he fought for racial freedom and equality. Then visit the exhibition Activist New York to explore activists today centered on the Black Lives Matter Movement. Taking inspiration from the Civil Rights Movement through today, create a protest poster to inspire change for an issue that you wish to see improve.
Eats & Treats: Choose from different size and type of patties and an array of homemade sauces to make your own burger at Joy Burger Bar with a side of excellent sweet potato or zucchini fries.
- New York at Its Core Friday, November 18–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Rebel Women: Defying Victorianism Wednesday, July 25–Sunday, January 6 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- Through a Different Lens: Stanley Kubrick Photographs Wednesday, July 25–Sunday, October 28 11:00 am–6:00 pm
- 65% Off the Museum of the City of New York Monday, September 3–Monday, December 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Spooky City: Halloween at the Museum Wednesday, October 31 2:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Dia de Los Muertos Friday, November 2 2:30 pm–5:00 pm