Saturday, November 17–Monday, January 21
9:00 am–6:00 pm
New York Botanical Garden
2900 Southern Boulevard
$10-$20, admission varies by day; free for under 2
Use this link for discounted $15 adult tickets, $8 ages 2-12 tickets
* Marvel at model trains zipping around stunning New York landmark replicas made of plant parts such as nuts, bark, and leaves, and enjoy hands-on holiday fun for the entire family (most of it in the climate-controlled indoors).
* Buy tickets online before trekking up to the Bronx (take the Metro-North Harlem local line to Botanical Garden Station) as tickets sometimes sell out.
* Go right at opening or on a weekday to avoid the crowds.
* Take breaks in the tropical rainforest and desert wings of the conservatory where there are no trains but lots of room to roam freely.
* Range of food available including pretty good pizza (and lots of sweets) at the adjacent Gingerbread Cafe (weekends only) or the Pine Tree cafe by the main entrance. Head to nearby Arthur Avenue for authentic Italian delights.
* Board a play train, play with train sets, see a 1600+ year old tree cookie, hike winter trails, find evergreen trees and shrubs, make a festive evergreen swag bundle, craft a cone critter and more in the charming Everett Children’s Adventure Garden with indoor and outdoor activities including a great story nook.
* See the live show All Aboard With Thomas & Friends the last month of the show.
* The family-friendly menu at the counter-service Pine Tree Café offers fresh panini, pizza, salads and snacks. Shop for artisanal caramels, infused olive oils and other tasty treats at the charming gift shop. Head to nearby Arthur Avenue for authentic Italian delights.
More info on New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show