January 1 @ 7:00 am - December 31 @ 11:00 pm
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Take a stroll on the unique public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side.
* Lots of nature, art installations & cool design incorporating elements of the original rail line.
* Look for interesting architecture and watch taxis and pedestrians below the 10th Avenue overlook at 17th Street.
* Lounge on wooden chaises and splash in shallow fountains between 14th & 15th Streets.
* Lots of sweet & savory options throughout the park, including Melt Bakery ice cream sandwiches, La Newyorkina paletas, and Berlin Currywurst German street food. Or fuel up at with tons of options at nearby Chelsea Market and explore art & fun in Chelsea/Meatpacking.
* Free reservations required between noon and 6pm on weekends and select holiday Mondays (July 4 & Labor Day).
* Enter via stairs found every few blocks from Gansevoort to 30th Street. Elevators available at 14th Street 23rd Street, or 30th Street. Bathrooms are at 16th Street.
Visit Little Island for weekly artmaking, dance, storytime music and more activities for all ages with teaching artists and guest organizations like The GIANT Room, Oye Group, Free Black Women’s Library, New Victory Theater, Alvin Ailey, Greenwich House Music School and Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art
Stop by the Art Cart for DIY…More info
Sing and dance on a scenic pier overlooking the Hudson River (Mondays at HRPK’s Pier 25, Thursdays at Pier 63). This free family-friendly series brings together interactive activities and live entertainment, from hands-on learning to catchy sing-alongs from favorite kindie musicians.More info
Enjoy an enchanting day of potions and planting in a lovely rooftop garden. Admission includes a traditional English high tea platter, refreshing pink lemonade, and hands-on lessons in gardening and making magic. Bring along a favorite doll, teddy or stuffed friend. A special experience for the whole family. Reserve in advance as most dates sell…More info
Explore a new immersive experience with nature and art on a floating green space on the Hudson River.
* Enjoy diverse horticulture, welcoming seating lawns, winding paths leading to spectacular views, and a variety of spaces for performing arts, relaxation and play.
* Make music on a variety of percussion installations and play with a…More info
The newly designed play area features a giant, multi-colored, one-of-a-kind, Robinia wood pipefish plus water features incorporating limestone cattle head sculptures reclaimed from historic meatpacking district business New York Butchers’ Dressed Meat Company.More info