Jan 1, 2022 @ 7:00 am– Dec 31, 2023 @ 11:00 pm
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
Take a stroll on the unique public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side.
* Look for of nature and cool design incorporating elements of the original rail line. See our guide to the always-changing art installations.
* Look for interesting architecture and watch taxis and pedestrians below the 10th Avenue overlook at 17th Street.
* Lounge on wooden chaises and splash in shallow fountains between 14th & 15th Streets.
* Lots of sweet & savory options throughout the park, including Melt Bakery ice cream sandwiches, La Newyorkina paletas, and Berlin Currywurst German street food. Or fuel up at with tons of options at nearby Chelsea Market and explore art & fun in Chelsea/Meatpacking.
* Enter via stairs found every few blocks from Gansevoort to 30th Street. Elevators available at 14th Street 23rd Street, or 30th Street. Bathrooms are at 16th Street.
High Line Art
See world-class art projects on and around the High Line, in dialogue with the nature and city scape of the unique park
Current highlights include:
* You know who I am (16th St), the Statue of Liberty recreated by Paola Pivi, wearing a playful emoji-inspired masks that changes every few months.
* NYC LOVE…
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show
See faithful adaptations of author/illustrator Eric Carle’s Brown Bear, Brown Bear and The Very Hungry Caterpillar featuring fantastical larger-than-life puppets and audience participation.
VIP tickets ($110) include a swag bag, an Eric Carle plush, and a character meet and greet after the performance.
Lap seats are available at the door for children under one…More info
TADA! Youth Theater Fall Semester Open House
Join TADA! Youth Theater for an in-person Open House where students will participate in a fun, active musical theater sample class led by two professional NYC Teaching Artists. Immediately following, the Director of Education will provide information to parents, facilitate a Q&A, and give you access to our best discounts of spring & summer.
Community Studio at Chelsea Factory
Come together in support of children’s art education all over NYC. Join Children Museum of the Art’s Artists in Residence for a free day of artmaking at Chelsea Factory.
Completed work can be submitted on-site to be featured in The Lemonade Stand, a selling exhibition of children’s artworks on view at NADA New York art…More info
Explore nature and art on a unique floating green space on the Hudson River.
* Enjoy diverse horticulture, welcoming seating lawns, winding paths leading to spectacular views, and a variety of spaces for performing arts, relaxation and play. Make music on a variety of percussion installations and play with a spinning optical illusion.
* Restrooms…More info