High Line Art
Jan 1 @ 7:00 am– Dec 31 @ 7:00 pm
High Line 14th Street Passage
Tenth Avenue & West 14th Street Chelsea/Meatpacking
New York, New York
Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See world-class art projects on and around the High Line, in dialogue with the nature and city scape of the unique park
Current highlights include:
* You know who I am (16th St), the Statue of Liberty recreated by Paola Pivi, wearing a playful emoji-inspired masks that changes every few months.
* NYC LOVE (22nd St) a new mural by Nina Chanel Abney with whimsical takes on the Big Apple’s classic iconography.
* Windy (24th St), a motorized spinning tornado by Meriem Bennani, inspired by New York City’s frenzied and intoxicating energy.
* Observer, Observed (26th St). Look through custom bronze binoculars by Julia Phillips and experience an unexpected flip in the power dynamics of watching and being watched via a nearby screen.
* Freedom’s Stand (30th St), an homage to the role of Black newspapers in the US across nearly 200 years. The walls of Faheem Majeed’s sculpture showcase headlines, articles, photographs, and advertisements from historical and contemporary Black newspapers from across the US.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show
See faithful adaptations of author/illustrator Eric Carle’s Brown Bear, Brown Bear and The Very Hungry Caterpillar featuring fantastical larger-than-life puppets and audience participation.
VIP tickets ($110) include a swag bag, an Eric Carle plush, and a character meet and greet after the performance.
Lap seats are available at the door for children under one…More info
TADA! Youth Theater Spring Semester Open House
Join TADA! Youth Theater for an in-person Open House where students will participate in a fun, active musical theater sample class led by two professional NYC Teaching Artists. Immediately following, the Director of Education will provide information to parents, facilitate a Q&A, and give you access to our best discounts of spring & summer.
Whitney Museum Open Studio
All ages are invited to get creative in the Laurie M. Tisch Education Center. Make art inspired by works on view in the collection and current exhibitions. Each week is a different artmaking project.More info
Community Studio at Chelsea Factory
Come together in support of children’s art education all over NYC. Join Children Museum of the Art’s Artists in Residence for a free day of artmaking at Chelsea Factory.
Completed work can be submitted on-site to be featured in The Lemonade Stand, a selling exhibition of children’s artworks on view at NADA New York art…More info
Explore nature and art on a unique floating green space on the Hudson River.
* Enjoy diverse horticulture, welcoming seating lawns, winding paths leading to spectacular views, and a variety of spaces for performing arts, relaxation and play. Make music on a variety of percussion installations and play with a spinning optical illusion.
* Restrooms…More info