10:00 am–6:00 pm
Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum ( 2 East 91st Street)
$16, $14 online, $10/seniors, free/ages 17 & under
Free admission for 1 grown-up after storytimes
In this hands-on exhibition, become a sound designer for Trash Bot, a street-cleaning machine. Also see cool record covers and concert posters and play with different sounds.
Eats & Treats: Get pizza, panini, salads and biscotti in the museum's cafe and gorgeous Compartes chocolate bars in the gift shop. The excellent cupcakes and other sweet treats are the main lure at Yura on Madison (between 91st & 92nd Street) but delicious healthier entrees, sides & sandwiches are also available. Or head to the Russ & Daughters Cafe in the Jewish Museum across the street.
- Saturated: The Allure and Science of Color Tuesday, May 1–Sunday, March 17 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The Road Ahead: Reimagining Mobility Friday, December 14–Sunday, March 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Drop In On Design Saturday, February 23 11:00 am–3:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, March 1 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Drop In On Design: Big City Bags Saturday, March 2 11:00 am–3:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, March 8 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Drop In On Design Saturday, March 16 11:00 am–3:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, March 16 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Cooper Hewitt Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Saturday, March 23 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Drop In On Design Saturday, March 30 11:00 am–3:00 pm