10:00 am–6:00 pm
New-York Historical Society (70 Central Park West at 77th Street)
$20, $6/ages 5-13, free/ages 4 & under
50% off with this link
See century-old treasures including rare books and magical objects that capture the folklore and magic of the Harry Potter stories plus original drafts and drawings by J.K. Rowling and illustrator Jim Kay. Explore the subjects studied at Hogwarts, from medieval descriptions of dragons and griffins to the origins of the sorcerer’s stone. Purchase timed tickets in advance – they’re selling out quickly.
Eats & Treats: Feast on antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at Caffe Storico, the museum's classy but kid-friendly eatery or grab pastries and sandwichs at counter service Parliament Espresso and Coffee. Head down 77th Street for burgers and frozen custard at Shake Shack.
- Black Citizenship in the Age of Jim Crow Friday, September 7–Sunday, March 3 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Harry Potter: A History of Magic Friday, October 5–Sunday, January 27 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 47% Off New-York Historical Society Friday, November 23–Thursday, January 31 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Friday, January 18 3:30 pm–4:15 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Saturday, January 19 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Stroller Tour Through History Sunday, January 20 10:15 am–11:00 am
- New-York Historical Society Storytime Sunday, January 20 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Sunday, January 20 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Living History: Founding Black Harlem Monday, January 21 12:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Little New-Yorkers New-York Historical Society Storytime Tuesday, January 22 3:30 pm–4:15 pm