Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See exciting, well-designed exhibits in the striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed landmark modern museum.
* Experience exciting colors, shapes. lines and feelings in Vasily Kandinsky: Around the Circle. Follow his work in reverse chronological order, starting with his late-life paintings in France and proceeding upward along the Guggenheim’s spiral ramp through experiments in painting, poetry, and stage composition in Germany and Russia.
* See a series of solo exhibitions on the lower ramps of the Guggenheim rotunda that features the work of international contemporary artists Etel Adnan, Jennie C. Jones, and Cecilia Vicuña.
* In galleries adjacent to the rotunda find Impressionist, post-Impressionist, and modern masterpieces including works by Degas, Gauguin, Picasso and more plus smaller exhibits.
* Download an activity sheet to discover the different shapes and nature-inspired architectural details – crescent lights, triangle stairwells, keyhole doors and a gorgeous circular skylight – and design your own museum.
* Enjoy pastries and chocolates, fresh sandwiches and salads, lattés, a glass of wine, while taking in views of Central Park at Café Rebay on the third floor (open Thursday–Monday, 11 am–3:30 pm).
* Download family-friendly Art Kit activity sheets to make your own art by “Spreading the Word”—using text and words to express your ideas—or “Shaping Sculpture”—using clay, Model Magic, or even playdough to experiment with shape and texture. Kids audio guides available online foe select works.
* Advanced timed tickets required for entry.
* Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Celebrate Halloween with favorites by Bach and Grieg, plus spooktacular Halloween tunes, and sing-alongs. Costumes encouraged; little ghosts, goblins, and unicorns can march to Grieg’s “Hall of the Mountain King.”
Dance and clap at an outdoor, socially distanced, interactive concert curated for little ones and their grown-ups. Children of all ages are welcome to observe,…More info
Visit sea lions, snow monkeys, red pandas, turtles, bears and other animals at the cozy Central Park Zoo.
* Indoor areas are now open including the delightful penguins & sea birds exhibit and colorful tropic zone.
* See an Ice Age themed short film the 4D Theater, an immersive experience featuring the visual drama…More info
Celebrate Halloween in Central Park. Enjoy pumpkin carving, Halloween crafts, spooky stories, a costume parade, a festive pumpkin patch, and a Pumpkin Flotilla, which sets sail across the Harlem Meer at twilight. Drop off your carved pumpkin and find a spot along the edge of the lake to watch as the jack-o’-lanterns float byMore info
This big playground invokes Egyptian themes with climbable pyramids, a large sand lot and a spray shower that represents Egypt’s Nile River in reference to the ancient Temple of Dendur at the Metropolitan Museum of Art next door. Lots of slides, tunnels and concrete bridges plus bucket, tire and strap swings are perfect for…More info