Suggested Ages: All, Adult Friendly
See exciting, well-designed exhibits in the striking Frank Lloyd Wright–designed landmark modern museum.
* Through April 19, watch films from around the world that evoke themes of isolation, confrontation, and occupation on a giant screen in the main rotunda space surrounded by the iconic spiral ramp in In-Between Days: Video from the Guggenheim Collections.
* In galleries adjacent to the rotunda find Impressionist, post-Impressionist, and modern masterpieces including works by Degas, Gauguin, Picasso, Kandinsky and more plus exhibits Jackson Pollock’s Mural and Knotted, Torn, Scattered: Sculpture after Abstract Expressionism.
* Look for shapes and nature-inspired architectural details – crescent lights, triangle stairwells, keyhole doors and a gorgeous circular skylight.
* Advanced timed tickets required for entry.
* Coat check, restaurant and cafe are temporarily closed.
* Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
* The excellent family programs are currently virtual, see upcoming classes.
Try to open massive stone doors in a massive three-part sculpture on the southeastern edge of Central Park. Moyer’s hybrid sculpture unites imported stone with rock indigenous to the New York region with beautiful inlaid marble fragments. The title pays homage to Public Art Fund founder, Doris C. Freedman (1928-1981)More info
Lovers of dinosaurs, sea creatures, outer space and more can get their animal & nature fix at this giant (45 fascinating halls) treasure trove of wonders.
* Online advance timed ticket purchase required, even for members.
* Download the Museum’s free Explorer app. for maps, self-guided themed tours, behind-the-scenes stories about exhibits, quizzes, and…More info
Visit sea lions, snow monkeys, red pandas, turtles, bears and other animals at the cozy Central Park Zoo.
* Most indoor areas are now open including the delightful penguins & sea birds exhibit and tropic zone. 4D Theater is closed.
* Climb, play and pet at the interactive children’s zoo across the path.
* Some…More info
Each year, more than 200 bird species make an appearance in Central Park, a popular stopover along the Atlantic Flyway. Discover how to spot and respectfully appreciate these winged wonders with park birding guides, stationed at Charles A. Dana Discovery Center Plaza Saturdays 11 am–1 pm and Belvedere Castle Sundays 11 am–1 pm.
Also borrow…More info