Guggenheim (1071 5th Avenue at 89th Street)
$22, $18/students & seniors, free/kids under 12
This comprehensive exhibition, a collaboration with the Fondation Giacometti in Paris, examines anew
Italians Sculptor Alberto Giacometti’s practice and his unmistakable aesthetic vocabulary. Featuring important works in bronze and in oil, as well as plaster sculptures and drawings never before seen in this country, the exhibition aims to provide a deeper understanding of this artist, whose intensive focus on the human condition continues to provoke and inspire new generations.
Eats & Treats: Cafe 3 on the third floor serves sandwiches, pastries, chocolates, coffee, tea, wine, and beer with a spectacular view across Fifth Avenue to Central Park or visit tasty cafe & coffee shopHeavenly Rest Stop a few blocks south.
- Brancusi Thursday, March 1–Sunday, September 30 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Giacometti Friday, June 8–Wednesday, September 12 10:00 am–5:30 pm
- Guggenheim Stroller Tour Tuesday, August 21 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, August 25 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, August 26 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, September 1 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, September 2 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Guggenheim Free Hours Saturday, September 8 5:45 pm–7:45 pm
- Second Sunday Family Tour Sunday, September 9 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Guggenheim Open Studios For Families Sunday, September 9 1:00 pm–4:00 pm