10:15 am–12:00 pm
American Museum of Natural History (West 81st Street & Central Park West)
suggested $22/ages 12-65, $12.50/ages 2-12, $17/students & seniors free/ages 2 & under
Ages 2.5 to 5 can play in the fascinating Discovery Room, then explore a natural science or cultural topic with a story, song, and visit with a worksheet to a related Museum Hall. One of our favorite NYC activities. We even made it in the website’s photos. Two sessions at 10:15 & 11:15 am. Note new ticketing procedure – tickets are distributed on a designated line outside the 81st Street Planetarium Entrance between 9:45 and 10:15 am.
Eats & Treats: Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
- Our Senses: An Immersive Experience Monday, November 20–Sunday, January 6 12:00 am
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, January 6 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Origami Holiday Tree Wednesday, November 21–Sunday, January 13 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 14 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 21 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Watson Adventures: The Wizard School Scavenger Hunt 2: The Museum of Magical History Thursday, December 27 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Gateway Storytime Friday, December 28 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 4 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 11 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, January 18 10:00 am–11:45 am