Friday, April 19
10:00 am–11:45 am
American Museum of Natural History
West 81st Street & Central Park West
Upper West Side
suggested $22/ages 12-65, $12.50/ages 2-12, $17/students & seniors free/ages 2 & under
Ages 2 to 5 can play in the fascinating Discovery Room, then explore a natural science or cultural topic with a story, song, and visit with a worksheet to a related Museum Hall. One of our favorite NYC activities. We even made it in the website’s photos. Two sessions at 10:10 & 11:10 am.
Free passes available on the day of the program on a designated line outside the 81st Street Planetarium Entrance between 9:45 and 10:05 on a first-come, first-served basis. Any remaining tickets will be distributed from the Discovery Room itself. Get there early; they run out quickly.
* Go casual at Shake Shack across Columbus, home of delicious cheeseburgers and decadent frozen concretes (including a 'Natural History Crunch-stellation'), or avoid the crowds and cross 77th Street for antipasti, artisanal pastas and paninis at classy Caffe Storico in the New-York Historical Society. The new larger Levain Bakery (home of the famous giant chocolate chip cookies) is a few blocks west at Amsterdam & 77th Street.
More info on Gateway Storytime
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- Unseen Oceans Monday, March 12–Sunday, August 18 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- American Museum of Natural History Discovery Room Tuesday, January 1–Saturday, November 30 10:00 am–5:45 pm
- T. rex: The Ultimate Predator Thursday, March 28–Sunday, August 9 12:00 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, April 26 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, May 3 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, May 10 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, May 17 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, May 24 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, May 31 10:00 am–11:45 am
- Gateway Storytime Friday, June 7 10:00 am–11:45 am