Ages 4 to 16 can engage in lively discussions and fun activities while looking closely at modern masterpieces and cutting-edge contemporary art. One week we discussed why Mark Rothko paintings are like sandwiches then made our own Rothkos from pre-cut paper. Each month a new theme is introduced.
Tickets available at the information desk in the Education and Research building (4 West 54 Street) starting at 10 am; programs often fill up so arrive early. Includes free museum admission for up to two accompanying adults.
* Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
More info on MoMA Family Gallery Talks
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Joan Miró Birth of the World Tuesday, February 26–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Lincoln Kirstein’s Modern Thursday, March 14–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 30 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, March 31 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, April 6 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, April 7 10:15 am–11:15 am