MoMA’s monthly family film series features kid-friendly animated and live-action films from around the world followed by an engaging discussion with a Museum educator and suggestions for follow-up activities in the Museum’s galleries. This month’s films feature food and include an adaptation of Maurice Sendak classic In The Night Kitchen.
Free tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 10:00 a.m. on the day of the program at the information desk in the Education and Research Building, at 4 West 54 Street. Includes free museum admission for up to two adults (kids are always free).
* Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
More info on Family Films: Yum! Films About Food
All Events This Week | Public Art & Pop-ups
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Joan Miró Birth of the World Tuesday, February 26–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Lincoln Kirstein’s Modern Thursday, March 14–Saturday, June 15 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 23 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, March 24 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 30 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, March 31 10:15 am–11:15 am