Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
MoMA’s monthly family film series features kid-friendly animated and live-action films from around the world followed by an engaging discussion with a Museum educator and suggestions for follow-up activities in the Museum’s galleries.
Free tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 10:00 a.m. on the day of the program at the information desk in the Education and Research Building, at 4 West 54 Street. Includes free museum admission for up to two adults (kids are always free).
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Monday, December 31 12:00 am
- Bodys Isek Kingelez: City Dreams Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Toward a Concrete Utopia: Architecture in Yugoslavia, 1948–1980 Friday, June 1–Tuesday, January 1 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Constantin Brancusi Sculpture Wednesday, August 1–Monday, February 18 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Judson Dance Theater: The Work Is Never Done Monday, October 1–Sunday, February 3 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Monday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- Museum of Modern Art Pay-As-You-Wish Hours Friday, November 16 4:00 pm–8:00 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, November 17 10:15 am–11:15 am