10:30 am–12:00 pm
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) (4 West 53rd Street)
Explore powerful images of people in Charles White: A Retrospective, then make a portrait of someone you’d like to honor using techniques you observed in the galleries. The museum educators are very engaging and patient and we all learn a lot in these free!) workshops. For kids ages eight to ten and their adult companions. Advance online registration required.
Saturdays & Sundays 10:30 am & 2 pm
Through Dec 9
Eats & Treats: Casual Cafe 2 on the second floor has yummy Italian food and high chairs. In the summer snack on small plates and gelato in the peaceful Sculpture Garden. Stop by the midtown outpost of the inventive bakery Momofuku Milk Bar two blocks north for aptly-named crack pie and soft serve cereal milk ice cream.
- MoMA Art Lab: Nature Monday, January 1–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:00 pm
- MoMA Lounge Friday, June 1–Tuesday, December 31 12:00 am
- If Everything Is Sculpture Why Make Sculpture? Saturday, June 16–Monday, September 30 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- The Long Run Friday, November 2–Tuesday, December 31 10:30 am–5:30 pm
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, February 23 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, February 24 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 2 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Sunday, March 3 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Gallery Talks Saturday, March 9 10:15 am–11:15 am
- MoMA Family Films: Shhh! Silent Films Saturday, March 9 12:00 pm–1:00 pm