10:00 am–1:00 pm
Wave Hill (West 249th Street & Independence Avenue)
$10, $6/students & seniors, $4/ages 6–18, free/ages 5 & under
Working with the hamsa, the multicultural symbol of an open hand that represents good luck and protection, explore the spiritual side of the holiday season. Trace your hand to make a palm-shaped amulet. Decorate your hamsa with winter scenes from Wave Hill using natural materials found on the scenic grounds. Ages 8 & up can also particiape in evergreen decoration and mulled cider making holiday workshops for additional fees. Crafts and storytimes are indoors but a short walk from the parking lot through pretty but cold gardens on a cliff (so bundle up).
Eats & Treats: The Café in in historic Wave Hill House serves a menu of local, seasonal ingredients including warm entrées, sandwiches, salads and kid-friendly options.
- Wave Hill Family Art Project Saturday, December 15 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Wave Hill Family Art Project Sunday, December 16 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Wave Hill Family Art Project Saturday, December 22 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Wave Hill Family Art Project Sunday, December 23 10:00 am–1:00 pm
- Wave Hill Family Art Project Saturday, December 29 10:00 am–1:00 pm